We resumed our on-campus worship on May 24, 2020. Since then, there have been 30-60 people who have been able to gather together. This means that there will be a spacious feel here, as our facility can regularly accommodate over 200 people. It is wonderful to be able to see more people face-to-face once again. Yet we also realize that this will take some time before the whole group will be together. We will continue to offer online sermon videos for those who are not yet able or comfortable returning to in-person worship. Click HERE to view our sermon videos.
With an extra focus on providing a safe environment for everyone, here’s what you can expect if you return to campus for in-person worship on Sundays:
- Clean Environment: All areas in the building have been cleaned with a disinfectant and any high-touch surfaces are being disinfected more frequently.
- Extra Space for Worship: An empty pew in front and behind of you and at least 6-feet of space adjacent to you/your family. Members of the same household can sit right next to each other.
- Minimal Close Contact: Respecting everyone’s space with 6-feet of separation in common areas such as entries/exits, lobby, hallways and bathrooms. Worship bulletins will be available on a table in the lobby, and there will be a designated area for you to place your offering.
- Hand Hygiene: Plenty of hand sanitizer will be available for everyone. Please wash or disinfect your hands upon entering church.
- Face Coverings: 8:00 am (mask required); 10:30 am (mask optional): Face coverings that cover your nose and mouth are required in the 8:00 am service. For the 10:30 am service, face coverings are strongly encouraged in the common areas when maintaining 6-feet of separation may not be feasible. Once seated in church with the proper spacing, face coverings are not required. Disposable masks will be available in the lobby.
The decision about when to return to on-campus worship is personal for everyone and based on their own situation and comfort level. Out of love and care for each other, please:
- Self-Screen Before Going to Church: Do not attend if you have any new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19.
- Stay Home: If you are sick or are at a higher risk of COVID-19, please stay home.
May God give you a spirit of patience, love, joy and peace as we look forward to gathering together at Good Shepherd.